In order to keep operational costs at a minimum and focus funds on our services and programs, The Edith Bishel Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired relies on our outstanding team of volunteers. We are looking for passionate people to join our team by donating their time.
We are currently looking for volunteers for the following areas:
- Front Desk Reception (volunteer) – Several afternoons a week.
- Outreach – Man the Edith Bishel Center booth at events, give presentations, help with event preparation.
- Social Event Team – Assist with planning and serving at monthly social events.
- Fundraising Team – Assist with planning and conducting fundraising events, asking for donations, etc.
- Landscaping – 2-5 hours a month helping with the upkeep of the outside of the center and the surround grounds.
- Building Maintenance – 2-5 hours a month doing small repairs and upkeep of the facility.
- Marketing Team – Creating awareness and promoting the center and its programs.
- Web Page Design/Management – Webpage design and monthly updates.
Please contact the center at (509) 735-0699 for more information.